Deadline for submission: 1st of April 2010.
The special issue focuses on Luciano Floridi`s Philosophy of Technology and will explore both the philosophical and empirical aspects of his theory. Any aspect of Floridi`s Philosophy of Technology is an acceptable topic. For your information, however, I would like to provide a sample of the broad topics that will be covered by the special issue.
- The nature of information
- Ethics and Information Technology
- Knowledge and Technology
- The notion of `being informed` and its formal analysis
- Floridi`s notion of `Levels of Abstraction`
- Philosophy of Computing and AI
- Philosophy of Technology and Education
- Floridi`s notion of `infosphere`
- Cognitive Technology and `inforgs`
- The informational turn as a fourth revolution after the Copernican, the Darwinian and the Freudian revolutions.
- Online identity and Floridi`s informational structural realism.
Papers should normally be between 6000 and 10000 words in length, although longer articles, of up to 15000 words, might also be accepted for publication.
BITrum members are invited to contribute. If interested, contact with guest-editor: Hilmi Demir (email@example.com, Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Bilkent University, Ankara)